Monday, June 17, 2013

Summertime and the Livin' Is Easy (when you're not in front of a computer screen)

So, Miami threw me off course - it's been over two weeks and I haven't made the time to write since. It's summer in Manhattan (and on this hemisphere, for that matter): days stretch longer; I get off the train a few stops earlier just to languish in the warmer air and sunlight. Visits to the grocery store give way to the sunnier, more luscious and seasonal farmer's market. Dinner is had outdoors, or with the balcony door swung open. Malbec is replaced by rose. You get the picture - I'm inclined to spend far less time behind a computer screen and more outdoors. I may not have made time to write until today, but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking or eating right.

Since I assume you want to spend less time behind a computer screen now, aw well, I'm going to focus on visual cooking ideas, instead of the usual copy-based recipes. So here's what I've got for you:
  1. Wild-caught salmon grilled with scallions and topped with cilantro, served on a bed of organic mesclun lettuce. 
  • These are legit, nutritions greens - lamb's lettuce, arugula varieties, spinach, etc.
  1. Sprouted green lentil salad, served with a bit of olive oil, truffle salt and cilantro
  • These kids are amazing for you - protein, low-glycemic carbs, and iron
  1. The now ubiquitous truffled cannelinni bean mash (with green onions), served on fresh kale
Easy, perfect for summer lunch (or dinner). I'll let you get back to your rose now.






No comments:

Post a Comment